Evidence-based treatment practices are the core of Dr. Labat’s philosophy. While Dr. Labat has training in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and insight-oriented therapy techniques, she determines treatment based on the needs of the individual, couple or family and collaborates with the client after the initial intake assessment.
Individual / Family / Couple & Marital Therapy
Individual, family, and couples therapy provide the opportunity to explore a variety of issues ranging from the intrapersonal (within one’s self) to the interpersonal (with other people). The goal of these therapies is to increase awareness and promote change and growth within oneself and within relationships with others. Dr. Labat utilizes empirically derived techniques to support personal and relationship development.
Individual therapy sessions are typically 50 minutes, while family therapy sessions are 60 minutes.
Group therapy creates space for individuals to work together in a group setting in order to address interpersonal and relational issues. It also creates an atmosphere where others can assist in the development of coping skills.
Individuals who are interested in group therapy should contact Dr. Labat.
- Healing Moms, Healthy Moms
- Healing Moms, Healthy Moms allows women during the perinatal period to receive and offer support related to the pregnancy period. Topics discussed include fears and hopes during pregnancy, difficulties conceiving, the loss of a pregnancy and life changes after the baby enters the world.
- Eating Disorder Recovery (once weekly; 1hr)
- EDR provides a safe and confidential space for adults recovering from anorexia, bulimia, and/or disordered eating patterns to support and explore moving through the recovery process.
- Older adolescents (ages 14-17) with eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge-eating)
- Parent support group of children with eating disorders
- Parent/significant other support group of adult patients with eating disorders
Psychological / Psychoeducational Assessment
As a doctoral-level psychologist, Dr. Labat is trained in a wide variety of assessments to determine one’s level of functioning, to track progress in treatment, and to develop effective treatment plans. Dr. Labat’s expertise extends to conducting intellectual and academic testing, ADHD assessment, and personality/diagnostic assessment for adolescents, young adults, and adults.
Office Tel: (504) 581-3933