New Orleans Psychologist Dr. Labat formerly served as the Psychological Services Manager for Inpatient Psychiatry at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas (CMCD). In this role, Dr. Labat provided and supervised the provision of therapy services (individual, group, and family) for all inpatients and partially hospitalized children and adolescents. During her tenure, Dr. Labat also served as an integral team member and Lead Psychologist that secured the first only Disease Specific Certification for the treatment of eating disorders at a pediatric hospital by the Joint Commission.
Local media outlets featured Dr. Labat’s expertise in working with adolescents with challenging issues:
- “Cutting: How can family and friends help” – The Dallas Morning News
- “Getting help with stressful feelings” – KRLD 1080AM, CBS Dallas
Dr. Labat also prioritizes community outreach by speaking with teens and younger children at area schools on the topics of eating disorders, developing healthy body image, and coping.
Dr. Labat earned her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center’s Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (UTSW), where she trained at the following sites:
- Henry Wade Juvenile Justice Center (children & adolescents)
- Parkland Health and Hospital Systems – Consult Liaison Service (primarily adults)
- CMCD Consultation Service – Episcopal School of Dallas (children & adolescents / families)
- CMCD Inpatient Psychiatry – (children & adolescents)
- UTSW Psychotherapy Clinic (adults / couples)
- Southern Methodist University Mental Health Center (younger and older adults / couples)
Dr. Labat then received extensive training in complex disorders as a postdoctoral fellow in Clinical Child Psychology at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas (CMCD). She also earned a Master’s degree from the Pennsylvania State University with an emphasis on Media Studies. Dr. Labat received her Bachelor of Arts from Fisk University, Nashville, Tennessee.
Office Tel: (504) 581-3933