- “Cutting: How can family and friends help” – The Dallas Morning News
- “Getting help with stressful feelings” – KRLD 1080AM, CBS Dallas
I prioritize community outreach by speaking with teens and younger children at area schools on the topics of eating disorders, developing healthy body image, and coping.
I earned my Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center’s Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (UTSW), where I trained at the following sites:
- Henry Wade Juvenile Justice Center (children & adolescents)
- Parkland Health and Hospital Systems – Consult Liaison Service (primarily adults)
- CMCD Consultation Service – Episcopal School of Dallas (children & adolescents / families)
- CMCD Inpatient Psychiatry – (children & adolescents)
- UTSW Psychotherapy Clinic (adults / couples)
- Southern Methodist University Mental Health Center (younger and older adults / couples)
I then received extensive training in complex disorders as a postdoctoral fellow in Clinical Child Psychology at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas (CMCD). I also earned a Master’s degree from the Pennsylvania State University with an emphasis on Media Studies. I received myr Bachelor of Arts from Fisk University, Nashville, Tennessee.
Office Tel: (504) 581-3933